,

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Apple's iPhone 6 Review

I received an iPhone 6 as a Christmas gift just last month of December 2014 from my Hubby. It was quite a surprise and I wasn't expecting a new phone so soon. I used to own an iPhone 4 and then I gave that to my mom after I got the iPhone 6. Before, I was first thinking about picking up the iPhone 5S now that that price has dropped since the iPhone 6 came out not too long ago. Still wondering why Apple's iPhones are still the most expensive on the market (and still selling pretty quick). It's crazy! Hubby also got himself a new high-end Android phone that's comparable to the iPhone 6/6S and was only half of the price of the iPhone.


Anyway, my first reaction about the iPhone 6 is the bigger screen (4.7" at 1,334 x 750 resolution) and much more thinner than the previous version iPhones. For me, it was a big upgrade from my old smartphone. The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S offer lots of new features and a new design as well. The sides are pretty smooth and slippery. I would feel really terrible if I'd ever drop it without its case. I have a clear case for it that I ordered online. Having a case gives better grip and protection.


iPhone 6 Specs:
  • Apple A8 64-bit Processor
  • iOS 8
  • 4.7-inch display
  • 16GB / 64GB / 128GB storage options
  • 1.2MP front-facing camera
  • 8MP rear-facing camera
  • 802.11ac WiFi
  • 4G LTE
  • Touch ID Fingerprint Sensor
  • NFC
One of the new features I like and thought was pretty neat is the Touch ID. The breakthrough Touch ID technology lets you securely access your iPhone with the perfect password: your fingerprint. You can also use it to approve purchases from iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store without having to enter your password. Sometimes it doesn't work right away. I had to tap a few times for it to recognize my fingerprint.


The LTE provides faster wireless and download speeds as well as upload speeds for browsing the web, streaming music, making video calls, and a lot more. I tested out with videos and Skype and it it runs very smooth. I think this is really useful for on-the-go individuals like myself.

The only thing I haven't gotten used to was the power button, which is on the right side of the iPhone 6. I'm assuming the power button at the top didn't work for Apple because of it's slim design. I've been so used to the button on the top. Whenever I push the power button, I would sometimes accidentally press the volume buttons on the left side. I tend to have my index finger (or thumb, depending on which one hand I hold the phone with) at the same level.

There still lies a problem on "bendgate". Some of you might have heard this term. For those of you don't know, bendgate is a term used when someone's iPhone 6 (especially the 6Plus model) gets bent in their back pocket. I don't put it in my jean pockets, but rather in my purse or inside coat pocket.

Overall, the iPhone 6 is a great phone with all the new features and a nice slim design.




Disclosure: The above mentioned product(s) were purchased on my own or given to me as a gift from a relative. Any expressed opinions are my own and personal thoughts and may differ from those of other consumers.



Bookmark and Share

0 comments: