,

Thursday, August 30, 2012

GroupBook.ca Photobook Review



I was given the opportunity to review a photobook of my choice from GroupBook at www.groupbook.ca. GroupBook is a new Canadian Photobook website.

Using online tools, a user can create custom Photobooks which are 100% customizable. Start from scratch or use a theme and touch it up afterwards. They offer 11x8.5 hardcover with a window or several sizes of perfect bound softcover Photobooks. Each book starts at 20 pages and more can be added. They also have unique sharing capabilities. You can share your digital scrapbook project online with others to view, copy or collaborate. Share them with friends and family through your favorite social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter! For Tip and Tricks, visit GroupBook's blog at blog.groupbook.ca


I really wanted a hardcover (portrait) photobook in 8.5x11 without window, but from the website the only choice was 11x8.5 Hardcover (landscape) with window. So instead I chose the 20-page softcover book (portrait format with no window). I like to see my photography work in a larger view. GroupBook makes photobooks fun and easy to use. It's perfect for creating your art or photography portfolio to showcase. You can share a book by saving your design and then going to "my designs". Click the project you want to share and it will generate a link for you.


The quality is great: the images are sharp and vibrant (just as it is originally on my computer screen). It does seem a little bit thin if you choose the softcover like I did. The thickness is about 2mm. When designing a book with a page count under 40, They strongly suggest you do not add any text to the spine. Because 20-40 pages is not very thick, your text likely won't fit properly.


Become a Facebook Fan of GroupBook to stay up-to-date on products and promotions. Also, from now until November 30, 2012, save 30% off any photo product up to $100, using code TOMOSON30. Valid only once per customer.




Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


Bookmark and Share

0 comments: