,

Friday, January 8, 2016

My Top 5 Favorite Movie Props and Memorabilia

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year to you all! Did Santa bring you something nice this year? For me, a favorite movie prop would be nice to have, but it didn't make it on my list. Where can we find such cool stuff? Well, I was recently introduced to Invaluable.com. I've learnt that they are the world's largest live auction marketplace of collectibles, props and film/movie memorabilia. They even have an entire section dedicated to Star Wars!

If you're a huge movie enthusiast like me, you probably have a few movie prop items on your list that you'd love to own. Here are my top 5 movie items that I'd love to have for my collection (in no particular order):

#1 - Kylo Ren's Lightsaber from "Star Wars: The Force Awakens"

Kylo Ren (Adam Driver) was a dark side warrior with a mysterious past. He wore a black hood, cloak, a dark mask, and a carries a red lightsaber he assembled himself. It's a pretty cool crossguard blade.

kyloren1

#2 - Brian's Nissan Skyline GTR from "2 Fast 2 Furious"

Does this count? I'm also a fan of tuner cars and the Import Scene. I have a die-cast version, but the real car to have would be awesome. The Nissan Skyline is my dream car. So former cop, Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker), is seen driving a 1999 Silver skyline R34 GTR near the beginning of the movie when he gets called in my his friend Tej (Ludacris) to fill in a spot for a street race. The Skyline successfully makes the bridge jump and wins the race.


#3 - Wonder Woman's Sword from "Batman v. Superman"

The movie will be out in theatres March 25th, 2016. I can't wait to see this film. Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) has incredible strength wields a magical Amazonian sword for battle. She also wears the Lasso of Truth and her infamous bulletproof bracelets, along with her shield to protect her.


#4 - Maleficent's Wings from the Disney film "Maleficent"

After Maleficent (Angelina Jolie) was betrayed by Stefan (Sharlto Copley) who cuts off her wings. Maleficent seeks revenge by putting a curse on the King's daughter as a child.  I think the wings will be a great prop for cosplay.


#5 - Cade Yeager's Alien Gun from "Transformers: Age of Extinction"

During the scene were Cade (Mark Wahlberg) tries to rescue Tessa and Optimus Prime, he joined the Transformers Autobots in stowing away on Lockdown's ship to search for them. He came across a large armory and picks up a powerful Cybertronian Gunblade (aka alien gun) and uses it as protection. Looks epic.


That's it for my favorite movie items. As you can see, I'm more of a sci-fi and action movie fan.


Bookmark and Share
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

0 comments: