,

Monday, July 20, 2015

Event Recap: Anime Evolution 2015 (Day 1)


I had the chance to attend Anime Evolution this year that was held at the Student Union Building at UBC. It's been a while since I've been around UBC. It was quite an experience for me and my son. It was the first time in a long time that I've attended a convention like this. This year’s guest line-up included Daisuke Sakaguchi (Gintama, Mobile Suit Victory Gundam), Phil Guerrero (YTV the Zone), Michael Daingerfield (Inu Yasha, My Little Pony), Janet Varney (The Legend of Korra), and cosplay guests Tarah-Rex and The Starktorialist.

On day 1 (Friday) of Anime Evolution, we checked out most of the vendor booths and saw what each had available. There were so many cute plushies, toys, posters, books, videos, jewelry and handmade crafts and more. Our favorite were the cat plushies and the Funko Pop figurines.

NOTE: All photos taken by me (Jennie Yuen) unless noted.




My Little guy loved the Pokemon stuff. At one of the booths, we met a crafter who makes these beautiful crocheted plushies and Pokemon balls. Also saw lots of talent crafters that makes jewelry and other accessories. I wish I had time to make crafts again.



(Photo credit: Brandon, 6-years-old)

As we kept browsing, we came to Tarah-Rex's booth and met her in person. She's a cosplayer and she makes amazing cosplay crafts and outfits. I had the opportunity to chat with her as well as get a photoshoot.


We got a few more photoshoots of other cosplayers. I didn't get everyone's name, but please feel free to make a comment below and I'll add it.

Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, and Fred

(Photo credit: Brandon, 6-years-old)

Deadpool



(Photo credit: Brandon, 6-years-old)




[Also see: Photos from Day 2 & Day 3 of Anime Evolution 2015]

Flickr Gallery


Bookmark and Share

0 comments: