,

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Arachnophobia

a·rach·no·pho·bi·a - n. An abnormal fear of spiders.

Spiders are one of the few insects I fear. Anybody else afraid of spiders too? I think they are creepy looking creatures. I had this fear since I was a child. This topic came to mind because I was doing some cleaning of the room and re-organizing to make space. I haven't come across a lingering spider yet, but this just crossed my mind.

I remember that one time (long time ago) I screamed so loud and ran out of the room. It was in the morning when I woke up and saw a big spider crawling across the blanket right in front of my eyes. I knew I wasn't dreaming. I saw it and immediately I jumped off my bed, frightened -- frightened of where it would've end up if I was still asleep. Ahhh! Horrifying! Everytime I see a spider, I would get the same reaction.


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. I actually caught a spider today while cleaning under the door mat. I was expecting something would be hiding under there and it was a fast one. I kept calm while trying to smush it with a piece of tissue.

    ReplyDelete