,

Friday, January 8, 2010

Carrara vs. Poser



I am trying to get back into 3D modeling again. I've always been using Poser. I've heard people saying DAZ3D's Carrara has better rendering quality as well as running more smoothly, so I thought I'd give that a try.

I started using Poser 6 back then and got some great 3D models from DAZ. If you are a beginner with 3D modeling and character posing, there's a free version of DAZ Studio you can download.

COMPARISON

Carrara
- better animation controls
- more render options
- more complete tool set that allows you to create models of any type
- runs more smoothly on your computer
- more capabilities

Poser
- the only advantage with Poser is that posing and animating figures are much easier


Since I am new to Carrara 7, it seems to be more difficult to use than I thought, but I'm sure the more I experiment with it, I should get used to it. And I am planning to stick with the Daz3D program instead. If you want to do more in 3D, Carrara is a good choice.


Bookmark and Share

3 comments:

  1. Hi

    For Cararra you write "better animation controls", but with Poser it is easier to animate figures??? Could you please explain to me how this make sense!

    Thanks Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike for the response! What I meant to say is posing the figures is easier. Carrara has so many more tools than Poser, such as modeling tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete