,

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Book Review: Crashing Cars by Craig Lieberman


Go behind the scenes of the production of "The Fast and The Furious" and "2 Fast 2 Furious," the movies that launched a multi-billion dollar franchise and reignited the motoring passion for millions of fans globally. Written by the film's Technical Advisor, Craig Lieberman, who not only consulted on the film, but also owned and built several of the main cars for the movies including his own personal Toyota Supra Turbo, his R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R and his Nissan Maxima. Lieberman worked closely with Universal's production and post-production teams and consulted on every aspect of the film's production, from the dialog and the vehicle selection to marketing and Home Theater release.

MY THOUGHTS:

If you are a car enthusiast and/or a fan of the Fast and Furious film series, you’ll enjoy this book called “Crashing Cars: How a Motion Picture Franchise Turned it into an Art” written by Craig Lieberman. This is the 3rd edition that was released in June of 2017. In his book, Craig shares about his experiences and talks about how he got involved with Universal Pictures. There’s a lot of great details on the discussion of what car was assigned to each movie character, how the “hero cars” came about, modifications, special effects, and much more. It’s pretty fascinating to know how everything is put together of the stunts in the filming as well.

I remember when I first watched the film at the theatre. My first reaction was how excited I was to see the film that is based on the import scene. I also enjoyed the creativity of the special effects. Before, I wasn’t really a fan of the flashy graphics, but it grew on me over the years and I notice more cars out there at car shows that had these cool designs. And being a Graphic Designer, I found interest in designing my own vinyl graphics for my Honda Civic. I’ll talk more about how my passion grew for tuning cars in another post.


You won't expect to see any photos in the book if you’re wondering, but you can find them available through Craig’s Instagram account @craiglieberman_42 with descriptions. Some of the information are also on his Instagram that might not have been mentioned in the book. It is definitely a good read and inspiring for those with the passion for cars and tuning as well as to learn more about the cars used in the films.

WHERE TO BUY: The book is available on Amazon.com




0 comments: