Skipping a few hours of sleep, forgetting to wash your face before bed, not apply sunscreen everyday all seem so innocent right? But odds are, at least one of these habits in your daily routine are the cause of those dreadful breakouts, crow’s feet and flakey or discolored skin. Fortunately, the fixes are simple! By nixing these everyday habits you can take years off your complexion, and leave skin protected, balanced and refreshed:
- Mistake #1: Forgetting Sunscreen. We know, we know – you hear this a million times but 90% of premature skin aging and discoloration is caused by exposure to sunlight! Applying sunscreen daily is the easiest way to prevent sun damage, protect your skin, and not to mention - look younger. Try using products that offer Broad-Spectrum (UVA and UVB) protection, an SPF of 30 or greater, and are water resistant.
- Mistake #2: Applying Makeup with Dirty Brushes. This may seem innocent, but applying makeup with the same brush month after month causes dirt and bacteria to buildup which can lead to breakouts. It’s important you wash brushes every two to three weeks. An easy DIY quick fix is to mix a couple of drops of gentle facial cleanser or shampoo with lukewarm water in a cup. Then swish your brushes around, rinse with lukewarm water, pat dry, and lay flat on a clean towel to air dry.
- Mistake #3: Skimping on Sleep. Your skin and body go into repair mode when asleep. This is why sticking to a regular sleeping routine will not only keep you well rested, but will help to renew and regenerate new skin cells. For an extra boost, try incorporating just a glass a day of soy milk into your daily routine as this can help improve the structure and firmness of your skin, as well as soften those crow’s feet.
- Mistake #4: Not Cleansing Daily. Going to bed without washing your face is one of the biggest skin care no-no’s. Leaving makeup and dirt on skin doesn’t just clog pores and cause breakouts, it can also lead to excessive dryness and even skin dandruff. To clear out the gunk without drying out skin, opt for a soap-free cleanser like Sebamed Clear Face Cleansing Foam and start cleansing on a daily basis! The cleanser is soap and alkali-free wash that gently cleanses pores to eliminate pimples and blackheads, with a coconut oil-based antibacterial active ingredient that removes bacteria to prevent the formation of new pimples. ($19.95 at SebamedUSA.com).
- Mistake #5: Waiting To Moisturize. Most creams and lotions have key ingredients that create a protective barrier on the surface of the skin to lock in moisture to maintain a healthy pH balance of 5.5. For optimum moisture, slather on Sebamed Moisturizing Face Cream immediately after cleansing or a hot shower, before the skin cools and your pores begin to close ($19.95 at SebamedUSA.com).
Disclosure: I did not receive any products nor received compensation for this promotion. I was provided info and photos to share. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of other consumers.