Recipe: Baked Chicken with Feta and Tomatoes
2 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp dried thyme
2 tbsp cayenne pepper
2 cups flour
40 pieces skinless chicken thighs
3/4 cup butter
6 cups copped onion
16 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 28oz cans plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
200g feta cheese, crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine flour (1 cup), paprika, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
3) In a large heavy pan over medium heat, melt half of the butter. Toss chicken in flour mixture and add to hot pan and cook until browned on both sides. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Continue until all chicken is browned.
4) Once all chicken is cooked, add remaining butter to pan along with the onion and garlic and cook until they are soft.
5) Add 1 cup of the reserved flour mixture to the onions and cook until bubble and lightly browned. Slowly whisk in milk and bring to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Add the tomatoes and season to taste.
6) Arrange chicken in a baking pan and pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover and bake in the over for 45 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and sprinkle with feta cheese and bake for 5 minutes longer. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy! Click here for more of my chicken recipes.