Who doesn't love chocolate? What's new from Alter Eco Foods? Truffles is their newest organic, fair trade product line. With Halloween coming up, they are a great treat that is better for both your health and the planet. Also, National Chocolate Day is around the corner (October 28th)!
In dark chocolate and dark milk chocolate, these truffles are a bold and innovative addition to the popular Alter Eco organic, fair trade chocolate bars. Alter Eco has reinvented the colorful round twist-wrap truffles seen at every grocery store checkout counter. They’ve taken these much-loved favorites and made them with organic ingredients, adding pure lauric acid-rich coconut oil, instead of palm kernel oil, to their famous fair trade chocolate. Even the packaging is compostable.
These Swiss-made, organic, fair trade truffles will launch with two classic flavors: Black (Dark Chocolate) and Velvet (Dark Milk Chocolate), with a SRP of $7.99 (10-pack). They will be available at Whole Foods Markets beginning this month and are available for purchase online now at http://shop.alterecofoods.com/Chocolate-Truffles/c/AlterEco@Truffles – customers buying truffles on Alter Eco’s site can use the code TRUFFLE15 for a 15% discount (valid through December 31, 2013).
Beyond these new truffles, Alter Eco also has a delicious line of existing chocolate bars. Alter Eco chocolate is a delicious indulgence that makes an extraordinary journey. Plucked from organic trees in the Peruvian Amazon and Ecuadorian Coast, the cacao beans are fermented, dried and brought to Switzerland, where they are meticulously made into some of the world’s finest cocoa products. Alter Eco’s expert chocolatiers use unique flavor combinations, quality organic ingredients and an artisan’s touch to craft these award-winning bars:
· Alter Eco Dark Almond Organic Chocolate (SRP: $3.99 / 2.82 oz bar): Toasty nut complements deep, dark chocolate for a dry and delicious treat
· Alter Eco Dark Blackout Organic Chocolate (SRP: $3.99 / 2.82 oz bar): Deep fruity intensity, not recommended for those afraid of the dark
· Alter Eco Dark Velvet Organic Chocolate (SRP: $3.99 / 2.82 oz bar): Melty smooth with a subtle flowery bouquet and honey finish
· Alter Eco Dark Cacao Organic Chocolate (SRP: $3.99 / 2.82 oz bar): Bittersweet bite, with fruity, flowery nibs for an intense cacao explosion
· Alter Eco Dark Twist Organic Chocolate (SRP: $3.99 / 2.82 oz bar): Vibrant and tangy, the perfect marriage of intense fruit and full-bodied chocolate
· Alter Eco Dark Mint Organic Chocolate (SRP: $3.99 / 2.82 oz bar): Bold and brisk, punctuated by the crunch of organic peppermint crystals
· Alter Eco Dark Quinoa Organic Chocolate (SRP: $3.99 / 2.82 oz bar): Light crispy crunch, an artisan update on a nostalgic childhood treat
· Alter Eco Dark Coconut Toffee Organic Chocolate (SRP: $3.99 / 2.82 oz bar): Crunchy and toasted, with a chewy bite and a smooth buttery finish
· Alter Eco Mini Dark Velvet Organic Chocolate (SRP: $1.69 / 0.71 oz bar): Melty smooth, with a subtle flowery bouquet and honey finish
· Alter Eco Mini Dark Noir Organic Chocolate (SRP: $1.69 / 0.71 oz bar): Smooth and rich, with a firm snap, strong bite, and a hint of licorice
WHERE TO BUY: Alter Eco chocolate bar products are available at Whole Foods Markets and select natural food stores across the country, as well as online at http://shop.alterecofoods.com/.
Disclosure: I did not receive any products nor was paid for this promotion. I was provided info from the PR firm to share. Any expressed opinions are my own and personal thoughts. No other compensation was given.