,

Friday, December 31, 2010

Emerson TOR59 Convectional Toaster Oven


I've been wanting and looking for a good size toaster oven or convectional oven for quite some time now. I found one at Target on sale for $39.99US. I decided to buy it before I even did any research or looked at the reviews first. It was a last minute buy during our cross-border trip. I bought it based on looks, features, and price. Yay, my Christmas gift for myself. haha!




Description on the Emerson TOR59 Toaster Oven:
- Spacious interior fits 12" pizza or 6 slices of bread
- Non-stick interior
- Bake, Broil, and Toast
- Includes enamel baking tray, wire rack, and removable crumb tray
- 60-minute timer with auto shutoff and end-of-cooking bell
- Adjustable temperature 150F-450F
- 1400 watts of cooking power

Features:


  • Features: Crumb Tray
  • Includes: Baking Rack, Baking Pan, Instruction Manual
  • Number of Slices: 6
  • Material: Stainless Steel
  • Finish: Brushed
  • Safety and Security Features: Auto Shut-Off
  • Care and Cleaning: Wipe Clean
  • Warranty Description: 1 Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
  • Dimensions: Length: 9.0 "; Width: 18.9 "; Depth: 13.6 "
  • Product Weight: 14.5 Lb.

I wanted something compact and mainly to save energy from using the big oven. Our big oven gets quite hot enough to set off the fire alarm once the oven door is opened. It's because our smoke alarm is right above the stove. What a strange place to put it. Anyways, since we don't have a lot of space where we live, the toaster oven is put on top of our microwave. It sits perfectly on top.

The negative complaints I've read mainly from other reviews so far is the uneven heating inside where the bottom would burn. I don't know about others, but I don't usually turn on the temperature too high. I bake between at 250F and 350F on average. You can bake, broil and toast in this compact toaster oven, which is actually roomy enough to cook a 12-inch frozen pizza. Some people skip past the instruction manual, but it has some tips on where to put the rack and adjust temperature for baking/cooking, broiling, and toasting.

So far I haven't encountered any problems. I'm not a super chef or the best cook. Just read the instructions and it should be fine. What I usually do when I'm baking is I always line the tray with aluminum foil.

Pros:
- stylish design
- perfect size for a small kitchen
- great for baking pizza up to 12" size
- easy to clean

Cons:
- top of the unit being too hot
- cooking sometimes uneven; sometimes need to flip occasionally


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Last year I have rent apartments in buenos aires which didn´t have an oven, therefore I got used to use a lot my toaster, and I learned to make many different meals with it. A great lesson!!

    ReplyDelete