Next generation charging technology for smartphones has arrived with the Energizer Inductive Charger. It offers an easy and convenient way to charge smartphones without cords and cables. This advanced technology features Qi (pronounced chee), the new universal standard for inductive charging, so it will power up devices like smartphones now and in the future regardless of manufacturer. The Energizer Inductive Charger is designed to work with Qi-enabled devices, whether Qi is built into the device or the device has a Qi accessory. It features two large charging zones that don’t require locking the device into a precise position, so you’ll be sure to have your phone charged and ready to go when you need it. It also features a USB port to meet additional charging needs.
The Energizer Inductive Charger will be introduced with accessories to enable Qi-compatibility with popular smartphones. Ultimately, doors and sleeves will not be required as manufacturers begin introducing new devices with the Qi standard built in.
Designed in cooperation with Wireless Power Consortium co-founder ConvenientPower, the first generation of the Energizer® Inductive Charger:
• Delivers easy, convenient, cord-free charging for the iPhone® 3GS/3G and BlackBerry® Curve™
8900 via sleeve and door accessories
• Offers two large inductive charging areas with one additional USB charging port
• Is compatible with Qi-enabled devices today and in the future; Qi is an open source standard for
products defined for 5 watts of power or less (e.g., phones, mp3 player, cameras)
• Provides freedom of placement within the two large inductive charging areas
• Does not contain magnets for alignment, so charging doesn’t require precise placement
• Features a sleek, rounded rectangle design with two LED charge indicators
• Available November 2010
• MSRP: $89.00
What is Qi?
Qi is the new universal standard for inductive charging. It’s a common language for inductive chargers and devices to talk to one another. So any device with a Qi-enabled accessory or with Qi built directly into it can charge on any Qi inductive charging pad.
Inductive charging is what happens when two devices—one designed to send power and the other designed to receive it—touch one another and energy is transferred between them. Until today, these two devices had to be designed specifically for each other. But Qi changes all that.
Sponsored by Energizer Qi
One (1) lucky reader will have a chance to win a Gift Card from Amazon or Target where the Energizer Qi will be sold. Chosen winner will be selected via Random.org.
This is a mandatory entry:
1) Visit the website at http://www.energizer.com/inductive and tell me in the comments where would you use the Energizer Qi.
For Additional Optional Entries (Post in a separate comment for each additional entry):
2) Follow me on Google Friend Connect (2 entries)
3) Follow me on Google Friend Connect on one of my other 2 blogs (1 entry)
4) Follow me on Twitter @jennieyuen (1 entry)
5) LIKE my Facebook Page at Jen's Reviews and Giveaways (3 entries)
6) LIKE my OTHER Facebook Page at The Art of Jennie Yuen (3 entries)
7) Post about this giveaway on your blog with the URL in the comment. (3 entries)
8) Tweet about this giveaway by tweeting the following (3 entries):
Charge into the Future with the Energizer Inductive Charger Qi. Win a $25 Target/Amazon Gift Card. Giveaway @jennieyuen http://bit.ly/cpgCvE
Contest is open to US & Canada. Contest closes November 8, 2010 11:59pm (PST).
Disclosure: Energizer is giving me a gift card in exchange for a review. The opinions expressed are my own personal and honest thoughts. No other compensation was given.